Our company’s registered office address is Stobo House, Roslin, EH25 9RE.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you are using our services
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our website
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected, we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and the Company.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established
- Reply to a ‘Contact Us’ web forms you have completed on the Company website (e.g., to download a document/PDF)
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls)
- Provide you with access and services related to the Company
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar. The contract may be with the Company directly or with a Company partner
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on the Company products and services
- Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on contracts. We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest. We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between the Company and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
If you apply for a job at the Company, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
The Company does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will take reasonable steps to delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data:
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that the Company holds about you
- The right to request that the Company corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for the Company to retain such data
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time.
- The right to request that the Company provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below.
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our website prior to the change taking effect.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may contact email@example.com.